Monday, April 25, 2005

Happy Passover To All

Wonderful and most favorite of the Jewish Holidays for me: Passover: a holiday of liberation and renewal of faith in man's ability to be victorious over the powers of darkness...powers that are as much a part of life as the sun..and we had a really nice celebration Upstate at the House Satuday night...Steven made a delectable potroast, and his own very first matzoh balls for a delicious soup, and I made the traditional charoses, sweet and spicy, and there was plenty of matzohs and delicious side dishes, and we sat down to our own version of a Passover seder..Paul, Peter, Steven, Chris (Steven's daughter) and me! Lovely. Good and familial. My Momma was definitely watching over us and smiling. Dear Steven, thank you for that respite from the world: our own Passover meal!

No Jury Duty today...I go back tomorrow for a final expert witness, then we probably go into deliberations and I should be free of the committment by Thursday, I hope. Time for life to continue in its normal track...though I have enjoyed it, truly.

Today and tonight, Peter and I are committed to making sense out of the mess of this gorgeous apartment...there is so much to do...and we are glad to have the time today to do it together! CAP 21 kids are doing their POP ROCK evening tonight, and we could go listen to them sing their favorite pop songs as part of their year-end "showings" but I think it's more important to stay home and clean! Tomorrow I will go to the theatre with Eliza V. to see something downtown directed by Larry Moss (who was my very first acting teacher here in NYC!) and that should give Eliza and me a chance to catch up a little on life. Odd: it keeps coming up for me that I am so grateful to have this time to enjoy real life for a while, without an 8-show-a -week schedule to hem me in...I am so used to being in the "harness" of performing, that it feels terrifically liberating not to be. And since there are no lack of friends who want part of our time, and since there are tons of thing to see and do, it still runs the danger of being too busy, but right now it is more in our control. And that feels so good.

Thursday night, we see SHOCKHEADED PETER, downtown...at the 10:30 show. From London, this is supposed to be very interesting theater, and I have been wanting to see it. We do need to soon initiate a thorough program of theater-going, as there is much for us to catch up on, but going to a theater seems to have taken the same backseat, for now, as acting in one! We are vactioning in that strange land called Real World! And we like it!!! There are still so many friends we have not seen yet since being back.

Speaking to friends this weekend about the nunber of Abingdon people who called me on my birthday made me miss Abingdon again, and I got pretty wistful, missing the people mostly, so Paul and I are speaking of how we can get down there for a visit. Peter needs to stay in the City, and so , since Paul and I love to travel together, driving down South will be a nice get-away for a week or so...but when? Soon, I hope.

My teaching schedule at CAP 21 does not begin until late June, I believe.So before then, perhaps I can see my beautiful Abingdon again.

Meanwhile, let's CLEAN!!!!

Comments:
Oh my gosh! You're seeing Shockheaded Peter?! I envy you soooo much. I discovered this junk opera a few weeks before it opened at the little shubert this year on its return to America. I wanted to see it when I was up for auditions, but it didn't open for another month. They did extend the run though, upon success, and I was actually planning on seeing it in June in lieu of All Shook Up, which I've already seen and could do w/o seeing again. However, I settled on seeing The Pillowman. I may still see Shockheaded Peter though...who knows. If I can get cheap tix at TKTS, maybe. But I am obsessed with SP at the moment. Such an interesting show based on Struwellpeter from commandeering German. The set and music seem so ghoulishy fun. Like something taboo that we shouldn't touch, but is made so available to us. The show seems to have the aura of a funhouse ride. You must tell me how it is and if it lives up to my perceived expectations. Should I see it this summer?
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?