Friday, April 22, 2005

Happy HAPPY Birthday....

...and so it was, because I heard from the most wonderful array of people! And spent a good deal of the time with my adorable and brilliant niece Rachel doing such fun things...one of my best best birthdays ever!

First off: THANK YOU ALL for the greetings, notes and emails....Abingdon sort of came to visit me yesterday through all the lovely words I received from people, and it made me feel soooooo good....thank you!

Mike O. and Katy B. even called! And Mary Lucy B. wrote me a nice long email!The card from Chase was very funny and the kind words from blog readers were especially appreciated! It made me miss Abingdon less, knowing there are people who still care and think about us.And it made me want to be right there to hug them all...

Jury Duty got finished at 4:00 yesterday and I met Rachel at The Jewish Museum by 5:00...we spent almost 3 hours there! Walking and talking, seeing all there was to see...the permanent exhibits are wonderful and spurred much conversation about family...the Maurice Sendak show is fantastic and fun ( we sat on the shaggy carpeted floor, midst Sendak-fantastical pillows and read his books to kids...and the Jewish Women and Their Art Salons was another exhibit that was gorgeous and unusual...a fine fine museum. While we walked and waolked and taled, I came to understand how much alike Rachel and I are, and how much of the Baron sensibility we share...I so loved spending that time with her. Then we back across to the West Side and settled in for a long, margarita-filled feast at MaMa Mexico...a loud and boisterous place we all love, near our co-op, where it's always a celebration...the mariachi band sang Happy Birthday to me and I got my free healthy shot of tequila straight from the bottle...a bunch of young Tribeca Festival film makers and actors were there also celebrating a Birthday, and a good time was had by all!

The important thing was that i got to spend some substantial time with my niece, and in doing so I got to know better what is going inside her mind and soul, what she thinks about so much, how she feels about what she thinks,etc. It was deeply productive. I like her so much. Peter joined us after his class, and the three of us finally left there (another enormous party of Columbia University Business Grad Students were celebrating yet another birthday and the place was really jumpin' even as we were leaving at 11:00 pm or so...a great place and the food is swell!I remember vividly, while in Abingdon ,missing MaMa Mexico and its fantabulous margaritas! Terrific Mexican cooking.

A great great New York City night! It reminded me of how much the Museum life here matters to me...a fine reminder. More museums soon, and lots of them!

Off the the Upstate House in a short while. To rest and meditate. Jury Duty resumes on Tuesday. Meanwhile: HAPPY PASSOVER!

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?