Tuesday, April 12, 2005

GODDESS WHEEL Rules!!!

A large audience of folks responded wonderfully to GODDESS WHEEL last night in a CAP 21 Studio One that looked like it had been turned into a soundstage! The wonderful wonderful guys from Peter Fitzgerald's Sound Associates came at 4:30 and in a matter of 40 minutes or so set up all they needed to make the presentation work well...I was amazed and deeply relieved at how great the entire event sounded, with a healthy balance between the terrific New Pulse Band and our singers/actors...they SA guys really know their stuff! We could not have asked for a better result!!And the audience got the benefit of the juicy full sound we were looking for...our combination of CAP 21 students (all graduating this year) and professionals (Peter, Drew,Suzanne Griffin,etc.) made a very solid and beautiful vocal sound...and the jokes mostly landed well, and there was lots of laughter and a relaxed feel of fun and improvisation..every thing I wanted to achieve, for the most part...of course, as I watched, I saw places I wish i had had time to plug up some holes in the presentational form of it,etc. but hey! People seemed to genuinely enjoy themselves...given how all the elements never even came together before last night, how certain performers were never at rehearsal,etc and how we never got to work the entire piece with the band, it all came out really well. So ! Whew! That is done.

I hasten to add: Drew E. was dearly funny as "Helion" the lead Old Man, and Peter rocked the room with his soaring vocals and good looks...all sorts of poeple who did not know how well Peter sings were vocal about how impressed they were at his work, and he was surrounded by admirers at evening's end! He deserves every bit of praise...he is terrific, and really served the piece last night...he is a bnatural with a good band, and the New Pulse is a great band!

I booked a national network TV voice over yesterday: the Wachovia Bank one I auditioned for last week...I record it today...and my 2nd meeting with Julianne Boyd was ideal..."Lady B" really showed up in the room and at the very least, i gave the people lots of good laughs...the reader girl Kelly, whose work I really liked, even gave me a hug and kiss on the cheek as I left the office! I am glad I was able to give them the pleasure of my point of view on "Lady B"...it justified so much of the work I have done on her over the years to be able to take her into such a meeting and allowing her to show up with ease.

Much more to blog...but must run now to open IRA 2004!

Rock on!

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?