Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Favors for Friends

...so....special message to Chase H.: I just spoke with Jan Hartley and she is delighted to talk with you personally so please call her yourself ..you have the number...she admitted to owing you an email and will willingly discuss your needs for BALTIMORE WALTZ with you...she may or may not have what you need...but do call her! She was very cordial! Do not be shy!

There are certain people who are meant to do what they are meant to do, and if you are lucky enough to realize that about ourself early on, then grab hold and do it! I was lucky that way, because I knew I wanted to be an actress even when i was a young kid...and so my parents supported me in that in any way they could. And I have met young folks at NYU and in Virginia, who simply knew what they wanted to do with their lives and this is so exciting...In the case of this one particular young man, dear Chase H., he is already so enterprising and energetic with his love for the theater and everything about it, how could I not help when he asks? So the call to this designer was easy for me to do on his behalf, and I hope it works out...for him to even be producing BALTIMORE WALTZ down in Abingdon, is so amazing! Good luck Chase! And Melvin, and Devan, and all Abingdon-based theater youngsters, go see his production of BALTIMORE WALTZ...support each OTHER! Chase, go see their work at E and H! Youth of Abingdon! Support each other!!!Your love for theater is important!

I have never felt that competition is a thing that should keep people closed off from each other. My philosophy is: if the part has your name on it, it will be yours, no matter what, but if it is meant to go to someone else, then, no matter how good your audition is, it will go to that someone else. I also believe in recommending others for the roles you are right for, because, basically, in my world, there is enough work for everyone, even if it does not feel that way sometimes! One must keep an open spirit. Be generous. Trust. Relax and know that, even in this odd business, the Universe will take care of you.I know, I know...it sounds so silly....but I have always found this to be the case, and so i try to remember that in times of...well...not remembering it!

Today I audition for Julliane Boyd at Barrington Stage...should be fun. And the question is: do i really want to go away again, after just returning home? Well, we shall see....It will be good to meet her. I have wanted to.

Work continues on GODDESS WHEEL...we attempt a read-through this Friday night. After it, Chris and Anne J. arrive...so good! Wish we had more time to get this place looking better, but, well, they are our friends and love us anyway! We will have fun, no matter what! CAP 21 Parents Night is this Saturday, but I will gladly miss it to be with our dear travelling companions! We will giggle into the night! And catch up on life together...dear Anne and Chris.

Comments:
Evalyn,

Thanks sooooooooooo very much for calling Ms. Hartley. I called her myself today according to your advice and we got things worked out. She was very helpful and the slides and videos we'll get from her will make our performance wonderful. I wish you'd be in town to see it, but you're doing amazing things in an amazing place. I'll keep you posted on how it goes. The cast is beautiful, so I am assured of success. (if only the complexity of the show doesn't kill me!)

Thanks again!
~chase
 
Well, sis...you have done a much better job of blogging up than I have. The recent release of the "Mauskar 13" this past Monday threw me into a fit of...relaxation. So I have begun to recover my "new-model" way of working, even though I have had work to do.

I got an assignment from an old friend in Paris; he runs a section of the giant Publicis agency there. So I've been creating new corporate name options for a global security firm. (Now if I can just get him to pay quickly, it will help our cash flow.)

I also have assignments here with Houston-based firms. So work appears - I just have to beat more bushes next week to re-establish the flow.

It is hard to tell from your blogs just what you have actually done; but I am thrilled that Peter has such an opportunity with "South Pacific"...is that right?

I'll try blogging more regularly now that I have the chance to reflect a bit. Much love from Houston...Brother Richard.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?