Thursday, March 31, 2005

Spring , Glorious Spring...

..."hot sausage and mustard..."..Yikes! It is fabulous outside today...Nancy T. spent the night here last night after a late business dinner at her Foundation, because we now have the futon that used to be in Paul and Steve's guest room, and our guest room was ready and comfortable for her. She was off to work early early.

Yesterday's full throttle attack on the GODDESS WHEEL music was good, and all I can say is thank goodness for the delightful Eric Svejcar, who came in, assessed the situation, plugged into the CD, read the score, and with a little conference with me, was able to do a lot of music teaching from 3:00-6:00...we start again this morning at 10:00...go all day...Eric has just come from MD'ing TWO GENTLEMEN...(also by Galt McD.) at Center Stage in Baltimore, and so is well familiar with the style and foibles of this writing...he seems a truly gifted musical director type guy..I liked him enormously...very bright.Quick. A good ally to have on this journey. Knowledgeable.

My main job on this, as "assistant" to Frank V. as it turns out , is to really Stage Manage the hell out of the initial part of the process, get the schedule in shape (not easy, with nods to Barter SM's Karen R. and John H.)...make sure all the disparate parties learn their music,know where to go when, what studio what rehearsal is in, and keep finessing the schedule I have initially made in order to include ever smaller duos of scene work,and song work...i managed to produce a night when almost everyone can be together for a read through of the brand new script, which even the experienced GODDESS WHEEL singers from the past have not seen, and once I clear the rooms at CAP 21 (space we have 12 studios of when they are not being used for class and rentals), I can schedule more...we have a good start for this week and next. Two successive Friday mornings (April 1 and 8) when singers can sit in on Galt McD's band rehearsals and sing along...For the CAP 21 alums, this is good experience. The mic situation, how to balance Room 1 for all that sound will be dealt with today. Randy H. (Alix K's hubby) will help us, I am told.

One of the things that seems to make me happy is solving problems. (I have been a NY Times Crossword Puzzle fan for years, even do them in ink)...and figuring out the pesky mess of putting together a reading of a new musical for our company is filled with the sort of problems I enjoy solving. So, i have to admit it energizes me. It also is giving me insights into how CAP 21 is working these days and what it needs in the way of future re-structuring of staff,especially in the area of producing new works. I can bring this first-hand knowledge to the meetings our Board Committee is having later.

Peter had a wonderful time singing for Jay Binder yesterday, and the reason i know this is because he did not spend hours agonizing over it afterward...(which he usually does if he is not satisfied). My darling husband is a perfectionist's perfectionist, which I do admire, but he sometimes uses it to drive himself crazy, which is such a waste of energy because he is so good and so talented and so wonderful...he needs to be kept busy enough that he does not have time to be self-critical....and I was admiring of the way he dove right into his work for his tv-film class last night....i have married a very talented man. He put his film clip and the music he wrote for it together and can be seen on his website (www.peteryonka.com) now or at least soon. it is so good!! He was so sweet: he bought me little presents yesterday with two dear cards...we ate dinner together at Metro Diner after our long days yesterday.

Gary E. called late yesterday to tell me he has an audition for me next week...I wonder what for...I will call him from CAP 21 later this morning...I wonder if it is time for me to be an actress again soon or not....hmmmm....

Hey Dev....thanks for the comment and note...loved hearing from you...we had such a good time with Melvin!

HAPPY SPRING, Y'ALL!!!!

Comments:
Hey compostmoi,

Your blog "this post", leads me to believe you will find my information on ourBest Career Wages site to be very beneficial.

Some of the not so common searches that found our extensive wages site included ...

Clerks Wages
Hairdressers Wages
Chemists Wages
Production Wages
Fire Fighters Wages
Sales Representatives Wages
Pilots Wages
Machine Operators Wages.

We have many hundreds of "essential to read" articles on wages and career topics in addition to many other popular subjects in our Average Career Wages site.

Best Wishes
Emily
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?