Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Let the sunshine ....let the sunshine in...

...and today we begin work on another Galt McDermott classic-to-be : GODDESS WHEEL...Eric Svejcar will meet with the first group of female chorus girls this afternoon and we shall be off and running on this little project...I hope Eric is as good as I have heard he is because we have very little time to put this thing together and very odd blocks of time for the entire company to be together to rehearse...of course it helps that the 3 female leads (Suzanne Griffiths as Lysistrata) know the music cold and have sung it wih Galt and his band a lot over the past two years...but there is stil a large amount of complicated stuff to learn by all those who know it not...oh well...as they say "it's only a reading"...but still, I am still infected with the Barter virus of : if you are going to do it, do it the best you can"...and i want others to feel the same way, no matter if it is "only a reading".

I received yet another radio booking yesterday, for Amica (though i forgot exactly what that is) from an audition i did last week...this is all good. My voice agents are amazed that I have begun to book so soon after returning home, and frankly, so am I! Peter finished the one-minute music piece he did for this film scoring contest he has entered and I love what he has done to the one-minute clip he was given to score! He submits it today or tomorrow...as gifted and actor and singer as he is, i think I love his writing of music the best of all...he meets Casting Director Jay Binder today and sings for him...I spend all day at CAP 21 and shepherd the music rehearsal process...we are living our NYC life! One of the good things about life here as theatre people is that each day brings something new, and with it the potential for the wonderful, the unexpected ...the wished-for...anything you dream can be just around the corner...the potential is here. And whereas it may feel plodding at times, one is aware that the plod is potentially life-changing...each day a surprise package. I remember days when it could not have felt worse, then a phone call from an agent and poof! A Tony Nomination...or that job you thought you screwed up the audition for..or , well, you name it...and that is part of the NYC life. It takes courage, some days. And other days, it simply feels inevitable and oh so right.

I wonder how everyone is at Barter today? I think of them all, daily.

I must go chant now.

Let the sunshine in.....

Comments:
Hi Evalyn!


This is Devan. Melvin led me to your blogpage, and it is so good to hear that you and Peter are doing well. Thanks for taking care of my roomate last week. ;) We all miss both of you so much. Southwest Virginia is not the same without you!! Take care!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?