Wednesday, March 23, 2005

A Downtown Day

At noon, I meet Eric Haagensen for lunch. Eric is the book and lyric writer for A FINE AND PRIVATE PLACE (the recording of which came out last year with me in the role of "Gertrude Klapper") and we first worked together years ago at Goodspeed Opera/Chester, when we put that show on its feet for the first time. We have been friends ever since. He is one of the Editors at BACKSTAGE, and has been so helpful over the past few years in keeping me in the NYC loop, by keeping Barter in the news,etc. Because of Eric, I got to know Wendy Mathis Parker, the Virginia BACKSTAGE stringer, and she began coming to and reviewing Barter shows for the first time. All thanks to Eric. So he and I have much to catch up on. And, lunch it is! The BACKSTAGE offices are downtown near the Public Theater. I have yet to re-explore that neighborhood since our return, so that will be fun.

Then, I will go up to 18th Street and continue casting GODDESS WHEEL...Mattie Selman, the book writer cancelled his meeting with us today (too bad..the book needs work), but Frank V. and I can do a lot anyway to shape the logistics that are necessary for the upcoming rehearsal period, as short as it is...Galt McDermott has already given us certain dates when his band will be rehearsing, and our actors need to be prepared to sing at these sessions. So music must be taught soon. The reading is April 11th.

NYC weather is getting wintry again, with rain, snow and ice and winds in the immediate future. So, I hope to be able to snuggle down this evening and finish my tax prep...we meet with our accountant tomorrow afternoon. And if I book the radio spot that I am on hold for, it will record tomorrow morning, and so tonight may be my last chance to prep for the tax meeting. 2004 is the first year that Peter and I will file as a married couple!

The day looks very gray outside my windows...New York, undercover. Very gray indeed. Yesterday's perfect Springtime sunny-ness had us all hoping! Alas! Well, there's always tomorrow!

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?