Saturday, March 26, 2005

A Diamond New York Day

...a sparkling Saturday...at 1:00, I go to a Discussion Meeting with my Buddhist group on 85th Street...Drew E. and I will present the discussion questions later in the meeting...then I go to a Yoga class I promised Gary E.I would join him in...at the Integral Yoga Center on 72nd Street...and tonight Peter and I are going to see something at the Pearl Theatre Company downtown...I HAVE BEEN HERE BEFORE by JB Priestley...I've never seen the Pearl's work, though Ihave read much about it, and so it should be interesting.

Speaking of interesting: this morning , I checked out Peter's website : www.peteryonka.com and it is really good. Such a handsome man I am married to...go check out his site, guys...

He is doing intense work with his friend Lori Kay Harvey on putting together his music book...Lori Kay is a good pianist and a fine singer and performer herself, and they are trading off hours of playing piano for each other...i love watching them work, and of course I put in my 2 cents every now and then....we all help each other...that is the way it should be in this business of ours...meanwhile, I watch Peter work and I am so thrilled with his talent..despite all the roadblocks he puts in his own way, simply due to desire to be perfect, etc., his gifts are so deeply obvious...the joy of knowing Peter will be to watch him get out of his own way as he realizes how deeply safe he really is, no matter what...all gifted artists i have known are plagued by self-doubt and fear of not being good enough...it's the muscles we build as we overcome that fear that determine how high we fly and how much fun we end up having...because above all, I want Peter to have the most fun he can possibly have...if he does, if he simply enjoys himself (instead of the usual torturing of himself he is so used to doing) then his work and his career will soar beyond his wildest expectations....that is of course a large order...but he is working well and working consistently. He is so wonderful.

Patience. We all need patience. It's an eternal search. A life's quest.

It is a wonderful thing to be home in this 890 West End Avenue place of ours. I am surprised by how comforting it feels to simply be here, spending evening after evening in the warmth and coziness of what is ours...still too messy from unpacking, but it will get better...as it already has...and...well, the overiding quality is that it is OURS...OUR HOME. So, I have not yet begun to go out a lot at night because I am really enjoying being HOME! Snuggling under our quilts...watching our TV...cooking in our kitchen...reading our books...well, you all get the idea.HOME.OUR HOME. I imagine, when it does get show-busy again, I will once again , as is typical, call a certain theater home, and I will get used to that...but one of the great luxuries when I'm not in a show, is being able to actually go to bed and to sleep before 11:00 pm! The hardest thing I have had to learn in my life (or at least one of the hardest things) is to enjoy the "down" times between jobs...but this home of ours makes it much easier to do that.

Melvin, our delightful Abingdon visitor, leaves tomorrow evening. He has had the most wonderful week. And has taken to NYC like a fish to water. So glad we have that guest room to share with others. Again: our HOME!

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?