Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Another Beautiful Day In the Neighborhood

...and I say to all the dear people who have been communicating with me as a result of reading this daily blog: thank you! And please, do not be shy: post your comments at the bottom of each entry so others can share your insights as well...it's easy to do so..simply click where it says "comments" and follow instructions!

Yesterday was another full day of work and discovery in this City...Peter officially turned down the offer to do "Aramis" in THE MUSKETEERS at WINGS THEATER COMPANY, and received a cordial understanding e-mail in reply...no bridges burned there. He signed up for the series of on-camera classes he will be taking starting later this month...that should open a world of new knowledge and people to him..also, a casting director who was sitting in the room when he gave his swell audition for Maine State the other day called him and asked him to come to yet another audition for another project next week...this is often how it happens in the biz: you never know where you are planting a seed that will come to fruition in an unexpected way...it's happened so many times in my career...he has so many terrific adventures in front of him...and daily, we are learning so much about each other, and weathering the storms that arise in ways that delightfully surprise me.

Today I start more serious work on GODDESS WHEEL...tomorrow i have a conference with Tony DiMuro, Eliza and Frank V. about BEGIN PINES and how to further improve the writing of it for future work...I have to dive into it today...as well as into the script for GODDESS WHEEL for which I have a long meeting on Friday, to discuss its book as well....much to do there. Should be fun. Conversations have begun about my teaching during the summer session at CAP 21...not a long committment...basically the middle part of the summer..but strenuous and time-intensive...I have always found it very rewarding though, and right now I feel like doing it...further talks today...Jen Camp has written a new play...I want to have lunch with her and see what that is...if I am going to direct more, I have to get in on the ground floor of more new projects like this one...she is a very promising writer...funny and wise. I have already sent her NATURAL HISTORY to Barter...perhaps not the right tone for them, but I want Derek's comments...she is really more of an urban writer, but her observations on human silliness are genuine...

Melvin Dillon will be here Sunday...we are excited to show him this City..Peter even picked up info for Mel at Actors Equity yesterday, just to give him that perspective...we shall give him a good good time...he must be soooo excited....his very first exposure to New York City! I almost remember my first time here, and the amazement ( I was quite young) that television ran all night here...and so did everything else! Momma and Daddy brought me and Richard on a trip to NYC and Washington DC and we stayed at The Edison Hotel midtown...we drove the elevator men crazy, my brother and i, we were so excited to be staying in a hotel! That dear Hotel is still there and home of the best matzoh ball soup in the world! A real haunt for hungry actors who have just done matinees of popular Boradway shows, and have to go back for an evening performance....the Edison is a refuge and a comfort, and I have eaten there hundreds of times since that very first visit...his plane arrives around 2 in the afternoon on Sunday. The adventure begins!

There is so much to do in the world...and I spent time with my friend Drew E. planning an SGI meeting for later this month, reminding myself of the power we each have within us to make each day a blessing of fulfilment and creativity! Peter joined us later for a pizza feast and watching Drew's new gorgeous HDTV ..we watched an odd film: STAGE BEAUTY with Billy Cruddup...odd , that..and actually pretty awful...but very colorful and brave in its outright willingness to make lovely fools of themselves....and to me this is admirable! God knows, I do it every day...and don't we all? my, yes.

Comments:
Evalyn,

Hotel Edison is where we stay on the drama trip to NYC in the summer. I must say that it is a great place, and very resonably priced (especially for groups!)

When you spoke of the motzah soup, is it in Cafe Edison or Sophias? I have supped at Cafe Edison a couple of times, very reasonably priced for an NYC restaurant, and with normal food in Times Square.

OH! And I have worked it out so that we can meet you in NYC at the end of this month! I'll be in Times Square on Saturday, April 2nd with the group. We split up to sight see and have dinner at 4:45, so I though maybe I could hop over to restaurant row and have dinner with you and Peter! I'll be with my group from school as well, so you'll get to meet them. They apparently don't trust us enough to go off on our own in the districts (even though I plan the freaking drama club trip to NYC!) We're seeing The Lion King (ugh) before and All Shook Up (ehh) after. E-mail me back on your thoughts of the possibilities on this. I think I have your number, but I'm not sure... So just let me know! I hope we can work this out! And I can't wait to see you guys in NYC! AHHHH!

~chase
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?