Tuesday, March 29, 2005

And Not A Drop To Drink

Yesterday, a day of total and constant cold wet wet wet rain...we were all living in an early Spring Bio-Sphere of rainfall and more rainfall...and of course I had to be out in it ALLLLLLL day!! Of course...I finally just gave it up and decided to enjoy it, umbrella or no umbrella, wet shoes or no wet shows...I gave in and swam through the day! And it was windy too! So just when I thought there might have been a place on my body that had not received communion, whap!!! The wind blew and made sure to get into all those pesky corners...I was a mess...but dammitt! I had fun! My early morning voice-over audition was congenial, down at my Agency Office (Access Talent on East 28th Street), warm and friendly...saw so many more people I have not seen in years....the voice-over community in NYC is small and has been at this work for a long time, so we have seen each others's live develop...a real community...so that was fun...and then I amde it home in time for a bit of drying off before I had to go out again to that TERRORISM audition , nearby on 89th Street. I walked. Yeah, I know ...I'm nuts! But...well..I walked.

I felt rather ike a piece of lettuce under a garbage can by the time I got to Judy Henderson's Office...and it was good to see Judy again after all this time...she has blonde hair now.And the same warm smile. Also it was nice to see Will Frears again.
He was also warm and friendly. And I read through the two scenes from this odd play, and that was it. Left to swim home. I probably should have prepared more, but frankly, I had little enthusiasm for the play, and no real understanding of it either, though if I had given it a bit more study, maybe I would have caught fire with it...oh well...you win some,et al...I know: my soul was just yearning to get out in that rain again!! For all I know, he could have adored my read...he was certainly nice enough...I have yet to becme genuinely enthusiatic about getting back onstage again...and as I have written, I have learned to trust these times.

Today, soon in fact, I meet Karen Bair, and see my goddaughter Evalyn...and her new sister...we meet at the Cupcake...how whimsical that sounds...we meet at the Cupcake....and then I go to CAP 21 for some GODDESS WHEEL business..i have lined up a rehearsal schedule of sorts for this week...our new Musical Director is Eric Svejcar (pronounced Svaycar) and he is supposed to be truly gifted...I look forward to meeting him...We begin work on the music tomorrow afternoon.

Let the sun shine!

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?