Saturday, February 26, 2005

Writing hard ....

...about what hurts...Ernest Hemingway said...it's the perspective of the sufferer that determines whether the thing being exerienced is a vehicle for eternal suffering or for total transformation...my darling Paul has been reading things over the phone to me connected to the Buddhism he is studying and the place I currently am in my life...My brother Richard suggests I write articles for magazines...theatre magazines...god knows I have the stories and tales to tell, with concommitant lessons learned to put a spin on each one...the world is full of fools, none sillier than I am...the day is bright...and final, for the Gates in Central Park...I shall meet Rick R. and Amanda A. from Barter in a short while to take a walk through them for the last time...Eliza V. may join us..Rick and Amanda are in town to audition girls for SINGIN IN THE RAIN...tomorrow...Peter and I will dine with them tonight...i can hardly wait, I miss them both so much. SO MUCH TO PROCESS, sensorilly (is that a word, Richard?) in a city as big as this one...I am still at the stage of return that leaves me open and vulnerable to each noise, each jostle, every concrete step...i end each day exhausted by even the smallest excursion into Mid and Down parts of town....because I am so tender, so "mountain-ized", the amount of sheer stuff that comes at me with each subway ride is immediately entered into the open book of my self and soon my psychic pages are full to the margins...it is too much for me right now...has been for several days now...and this is me, not even on a full schedule yet...with only a couple of things needing attention. Am I no longer a New Yorker? Have I surrendered willingly my soul to the mountains of SW Virginia? Are things looking different to me now because there are things I am meant to do other than run the New York race? Is life meant to be a race? No. I am sure: no. As previously quoted: a successful life is not measured in how quickly you live it. I know this deeply. I am struggling. But as Paul tells me again and again to do: I shall strive to be gentle with myself. I yearn for a peek of the Blowing Rock in North Carolina..today. Right now. Instead I shall stroll the city wonder that is The Gates, and sip a Starbucks along the way. The sun shines. I love you. I do so love you all.

Comments:
Dear Evalyn,
And, your friends and fans love you, too! You will excel no matter where you are-- in New York City or the mountains of SW Virginia. Simply, because you are you--the powerful, dynamic, sensitive, and brilliant Evalyn.
Because you share your great talents with so many, no wonder it is so tiring for you. Please know that what you are doing now-- means so much to others. You are a New Yorker; you are a member(in our hearts, anyway)of the wonderful Barter Theater. No matter where you are, Evalyn, you will always be a vital part of the place you call home for that moment. As Tina Turner sings, "You are simply--the best."
So, enjoy "The Gates," and enjoy a cup from Starbucks and enjoy that dear Richard Rose and his wife--, enjoy the tender and sensitive side of you; but most importantly, enjoy whom you are right now in your life, right at this very moment. Be happy in this moment. This moment is your life. You are a true artist. Enjoy! Aleta
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Evalyn,
Have fun at the Gates. I did enjoy reading about your first encounter with this artwork on your blog, seems very interesting and intriguing to me. To think something that began as concept in the 70's is making such a big splash in this new millennium. Maybe the creators of the Gates have discovered the key to knowing the future?
Anyway, some friends of mine were in NYC on Friday solely to see the Gates with their parents. Their parents are really into art, so it was more or less vital for them to go. The art teacher at my high school, Mrs. McElroy and her son, and a lady who works at WKRAC, Mrs. Gibbian and her daughter Olivia (you may know her?). Anyway, I thought that was really cool. I would have gone with them but it conflicted with work. Ugh. Hope you're having a blast in NYC! It's really one-of-a-kind!
-Chase
 
No. Love, Brother Richard.
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?