Tuesday, February 08, 2005

My Blog Community...

...is growing and growing, and it is a pleasure to realize the art of writing is alive and well and living in the Blog World, and that friends I never knew could write are actually gorgeous writers with so much to say. Today 4 You Tomorrow 4 Me, a blog by dear Brian Tibbs, my pet from the Barter Theatre Box Office, so so comforting to read, because it makes me feel closer to a place I miss...My dear brother Richard has started a Blog: Batty Thomas, ( the name, like my brother, is such an enigma, but a fabulous one), and I LOVE reading it! Obviously, it's all about communication, and this is simply another brilliant way to accomplish that, so come on now, blogging in the streets!!!!!! As I sit here typing, the sounds of NYC surround me: carpentry work in the co-op above ours, that friendly tip-tip-tap of hammers to let us know we are certainly not in Virginia anymore...the most we got out of our place in Abingdon were soft mooings from cows, and the occasional loud birdcall! But like all else here, it sounds like music to me! I had that voice-radio audition yesterday for JEAPORDY radio, and it was way downtown on Greene Street in the middle of the delectable SoHo area...i have not laid eyes on that neighborhood in far too long, so it was pure pleasure to return there. Then, I decided to WALk all the way from Greene Streete to my next meeting on 18th Street, a really long schlepp! i stopped in so many fabuoous design stores and checked out the new fashions that do not even know how far ahead of the actual world they really are, and i walked and i stopped and i walked and walked, and stopped in a cunning Village (as in Greenwhich( tea shop and enjoyed a pot of tea, and then walked some more...re-discovering it all..this City is in terrific shape...I passed by Rick and Amanda's fave Italian restaurant in the Village: The Olive Tree...we must go there with them next time they are in town...I realized that London has nothing over this amazing City: we are filled with all the things that make life on this plane of existence uterr fun to live. The meeting about the GRAND HOTEL t-shirts was so productive, and the evening of 2nd Year Students singing songs of a certain composer was absolutely terrific! I had forgotten how talented NYU theater kids are and what good training they get from year one at CAP 21....also, the level of musicianship from keyboard to singers is stunning. After the event, we had dinner at AMERICA with Frank and Eliza, another reason we are glad to be home! More later about last night's event...worth talking about.

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?