Tuesday, January 11, 2005

New York, New York, a wonderful, loud, crowded, (did I say loud?)...

...fabulous town!!!! And here we are, back in it!!! I mean so back in it! It's as if we never left, as if there is no Abingdon, as if the idyllic and quiet busy days at Barter were a dream! New York is so real, so absolutely in your face at all times, day and night, it does feel impossible that any other town truly exists at all...as if NYC will not be denied, no matter how far away from it you move, and the sheer getting things done of it all is, well, strenuous..but, because I have genuinely missed it so much (with out really knowing it), I find myself attacking each task with joy and a certain aliveness, with smiles and good humor, even. Nothing seems to be getting me down, and I can only attribute that to my freshness, my having been refreshed by my 3 year hiatus from the city...I fairly bounce with friendliness and I can only hope that this frame of mind stays alive for me..it feels so good. Many adventures to relate already: already a couple of voice-over auditions, really radio spots and semos, from my faithful crew back at Access Talent, none of whom I have seen in over three years! But, the minute they got word I was returning home (we sent them a notice along with 100 or so other people of our move back), i got a call from them with an audition i couldn't even go to, since we were smack in the middle of our drive back from Virginia, but then when i did get home, they asked me to come down for another one, and then I was able to see them all and catch up on life as it has been lived over these past years. it was good to see Linda Weaver and Chaz Cowing again, and to see how the office they established together after J.Michael Bloom's office dissolved is doing so well and thriving, really while so many others have died!! We picked up our conversation as if it had never been interrupted! Ah, New York!

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?