Sunday, January 16, 2005

London, Glorious London!!!!!

Oh my God, this is all too wonderful, really all too good: Peter and Evalyn in this astonishing town, this city of cities...this London, England...so deeply superb. And the perfect way to celebrate Peter's birthday yesterday, to be in this city and be enjoying so very much! Our little hotel, The Arosfa, run by the dear Mr. and Mrs.Dorta, is so sweet, and small but so very surprisingly comfortable, we can hardly believe our luck, and all the things I thought would bother me about it, bother me not at all...we are snug and cozy in our ittle room #6 on the 2nd floor, and the bed I thought would be too small is actually perfect for Peter and me to sleep well in and cuddle more than we usually do! Even the one pillow apiece is perfect,as it is a perfectly structured pillow for me, and the one towel they give us each day fresh is exactly right for my bath and hair wash...my self-perpetuated myth about how i always need more towels is now exploded!!!! We are quite comfortable there. At the moment, I have found a small Internet Cafe, where for 1£ an hour I can check our email, and do fresh blogging...Peter and Anne and Chris Johnson, our friends from Abingdon with whom we are travelling, are doing the rare bookstores along Charing Cross Road, as I sit and write, and this is swell, because it gives my legs and feet and back a rest! We have walked miles and miles it seems, over the past three days, all wonderful miles, but tiring in ways I have not experienced in years. All good though.
Our first full day here ended in our seeing JERRY SPRINGER- THE OPERA, in the West End,and it was outrageously offensive and funny and fun! So glad we caught that one first,as it may never get to America, and I have heard so very much about it...it was swell and performed by wonderful legit singers playing amazing roles no other Opera would ever call on them to play...a unique evening in the theatre for sure...not something one will ever see in Abingdon, Virginia!!! No way, no how! Last night we saw another show with Anne and Chris...one we thought they would enjoy: JOSEPH AND HIS AMAZING TECHNICOLORED DREAMCOAT, atr the New London, also in the West End...a real good newish production, great fun, good performers and the music sounded great! Glad we saw that one for many reasons, not the least of which is Peter has never seen it before on stage...we all four of us had a swell fun time.

Much more to tell...but for now, my chums await....so...TaTA...Hip Hip and all that rot!!!

Comments:
Ev I am so jealous of you!!! Enjoy!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?