Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Home Is Where The Boxes Are

Well...tomorrow at 4:15 a.m. we are being picked up by our 777-7777 car, taken to Newark International Airport, and at 8:20 a.m. will fly off to London! Yes, it is finally happening.
That is, if the boxes which surround us all over this apartment do not multiply and swamp us into submission!! Yes, I am sure of it: they do mate and multiply behind our backs, and then move their little cardboard bottoms around until they form seemingly impregnable walls to trap and keep us here! But, we are (usually) bigger than they are, and so I hav confidence we shall get out alive!! We've managed to escape several times, to see THE RIVALS at Lincoln Center and to see Drew Eshelman in Tony Walton's production of AFTER THE BALL at the Irish Rep last night...Drew is such a wonderful actor, really, especially in roles that most people would give surface treatment to, he manages to find the core of the person that character is supposed to be, and so we are compelled to really care for whoever he plays...the night before, we meet for dinner at JoeAllen's, six of us: Rick Rose, Amanda Aldridge, Eliza Ventura, Frank Ventura and Peter and me...such a great evening....we ate and we drank and we had much to talk about...I am discovering that wherever I go, inevitably I will see someone i have known throughout the years here int he City, and at Joe's that evening,I saw Gary Beach , who I have known since we were young actors starting out...in fact, we met before we ever got to NYC, I believe, when he was fresh out of North Carolina School of the Arts,..when i played "Tiger Lily" at the Academy Theater in Atlanta Ga, and a pal of his Gary something was playing "Peter"!!! Lord,now there's a long-ago memory...whew! Anyway, I also find that everyone I see treats me with such warmth and care...it has been a pleasure...even last night, at Irish Rep, when led to met Tony Walton he hugged me warmly and we discussed memories of DAY IN HOLLYWOOD...we did together for Tommy Tune years ago!! Spent some time at CAP 21 yesterday, before our 6:00 pm Board Meeting...there is much to contribute there, and as soon as I vacation and get some real rest, I can be useful to that organization again. Meanwhile, only small mountains filled with boxes to move today before we leave on our United Kingdom journey..stay tuned!!

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?