Monday, January 31, 2005

HOME, AT LAST, REALLY HOME

YAY!!!! After a quick 7 hour flight, through most of which I really was not terrified, we arrived home at about 12:30 am (5:30 am London time, which we were really still on). Both Peter and I were so deeply tired, we hardly spoke, just got into jammies, spread the quilts over the bed so to get real nice and toasty, and fell fast asleep...Woke up in our own home, in our own city...I was excited, so got up to come watch tv here in the living room, while snugging down into our new leather sofa..more quilts...we have spent the day emptying things: old trunks down in the storage room, boxes of stuff from our Virginia move,a large box of mail saved for us while we were away...our minds to each other. So much to do. So much to do. Peter has been valiantly attempting to hook up our new DSL service, only to discover the modem they sent us is faulty and so they are sending another. I have been laboring away on the kitchen. We go to a reading of the first act of a new musical at CAP 21 tonight. Then to dinner at Paul and Steve's. Paul returned from Chicago today. The future looms and there is excitement ahead, I have a feeling.
SO GOOD TO BE HOME, Just IM'ed with Mark Lamos, who is off to London next Monday to do a piece of theater at The Barbican for a week or so...some sort of workshop thing he just workshopped at Lincoln Center...then we shall have lunch on his return. Dear old pal, Lamos. Northwestern days seem far far long ago, yet oddly like yesterday. Already have an audition for this week, for something at Rattlestick Theatre Company...my agent seems to really want me to go to it, and i am intrigued after reading the script, so, whew...here we go again. !! I must change my website to reflect our return home. I have been emailing Rick Rose rather daily, as I miss him and the whole Barter thing already. Of course I do...it is a wonderful place to be, the Barter. And just becasue we are here right now, does not mean we are also not there in spirit and mind. SO much I wish I could put into practise, that I saw in London, not the least of which would be the putting together of a play working on it entirely from the perspective of voice and body. Creating a theater event, using a conventional play, working from the actors instrument almost exclusively. Hmmmm...I miss talking with Rick, and with Amanda...and with Joan..and with so many others, but one day again, I will...i know i will.

Comments:
I was surfing for "change." Thanks and good luck. If you're interested, there is a great web site full of products for change including free stuff. Take a look at www.innertalk.com
 
Change is good for all of us. When you want some really good change products, go to www.innertalk.com
 
Change is good for all of us. When you want some really good change products, go to www.innertalk.com
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?