Monday, January 03, 2005

A 24 -Foot TRUCK!!!!

Yes...practically the length of the Barter Main Stage proscenium opening!!! A large truck, and Peter has to drive it to NYC!!! With me "spelling "him a bit along the way, if I can possibly drive it. I have never driven anything that large, so it will be yet another part of our adventure. It seems as if there may be enough room for all our goods and boxes and furniture...Good God, I hope there is...We drove down in a 17 foot truck, and it was packed to the very walls as tightly as it could be packed, so 24 feet may be the right idea. We are now decided to pick the truck up tomorrow (instead of the day after) thereby giving us one extra day to actually pack it up before we leave on the morning of the 6th (Thursday, day after tomorrow). And all of a sudden the day will be upon us and I shall see Abingdon no more, at least for a while. This does not seem real to me yet. It really does not seem real. And that's okay, because it will become real enough soon. Lisa Alderman, Head of Devlopment at Barter, called this morning asking us to come by the office to pick up something Diana Haynes had made for Peter and me: a Barter Clock with photos of some of the work Peter and I did here dotting the 12 hours round it! Very sweet. Our very own Barter Clock, personalized as can be. We must write them a thankyou note.Very sweet. What a terrific group of human beings staff the Barter Administrative Offices! One of the things I have most enjoyed during my time here was getting to work with all of them,going to bi-weely Staff Meetings, helping various projects started by Marketing and Development, and just generally learning from each of them things about running a theater. They are all so generous with time and knowledge.I will miss them, but do my best to take what I have learned from them to NYC with me and help others ,if I can ,with that knowledge. I loved my office here, too. My own cozy useful place, where I could shut the door and get the job done. Read plays. Write letters to the writers of those plays. I felt useful in that office. Yep. Useful.

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?